DESCRIPTION OF AVAILABLE SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarships are arranged by deadline date. Local Scholarships are available in the Spring. Updated for 2018-19.
There are scholarships available for 4-year, 2-year, and vocational colleges! Be sure to read the requirements.
Many scholarships go unfilled each year because no one applies!
If you receive a scholarship, please notify Mrs. Alberts so that you can receive recognition at the Senior Awards Night in May. She needs to know the name of the scholarship, the amount, and if someone will be presenting it to the student on awards night. Thanks a lot!
SENIOR AWARDS NIGHT WILL BE IN EARLY MAY AT 6:00 PM IN THE JUNIOR HIGH GYMNASIUM
ATTENTION SENIORS: Are you on top of the scholarship application game? Helpful tips are available at scholarshipmastery.com. After receiving your Award Letter you may compare colleges at the following link to make an informed decision: comparing your Awards Letters online
ATTENTION ATHLETIC JUNIOR & SENIOR GIRLS!!
The University of Iowa is looking for girls who have never rowed before but are driven to compete at the highest level of NCAA athletics and are excited about the idea of transferring their athletic talents to a new sport. They are dedicated to offering as much as a full athletic scholarship to the 2019 Homegrown Hawkeyes Athletic Talent Search. Criteria: Height between 5'9" and 6'3", weight between 150-200 pounds, athletic qualities of power, endurance, and high Kinesthetic Awareness; personality that is mentally tough, team oriented, coachable, and committed to excellence. Must attend $50 rowing clinic session on February 10. For more information and to apply, please visit their website.
•2019 Prudential Spirit of Community Award -- Honors students in grades
5-12 for making meaningful contributions to their communities through volunteer
service. More information and application can be found on this website. Deadline:
November 6, 2018.
Scholarships Available for High School Students (9th-12th)
RAISE ME -- In this scholarship program, students can earn scholarships for everyday things they do while they are still in high school. Check it out by clicking the link!
African American Student Scholarship Directory -- This guide focuses on
financial aid and scholarships for African American students and includes a directory of undergraduate and graduate scholarships, tips on how to apply, resources and black student organizations, and scholarship advice from education experts in the black community.
Scholarships Available for Juniors and/or Seniors
JAMES COX STUDENT PHOTOGRAPHY SCHOLARSHIPS -- Open to a high school student (sophomore or older) who has had at least one photography or related art class. For more information, check their website. (Deadline: November 15)
REAL WORLD DESIGN CHALLENGE SCHOLARSHIPS -- Open to any high school student. For an application, please visit their website. (Deadline: November 17)
DISCOVER SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM -- Juniors, what would you say about a scholarship program that awards students with $30,000 in financial assistance for education no matter what career path the student chooses? The Discover Scholarship Program does just that! The program awards diverse high school juniors on their exemplary achievements including Leadership, Community Service and Obstacle(s). Online application forms available at www.discoverfinancial.com/community. (Deadline January 31)
PEACE WITH JUSTICE SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY CONTEST -- Open to high school juniors or seniors who live in Iowa or attend an Iowa high school. Three $500 scholarships will be awarded. Essays must be less than 1,000 words and the original work of the applicant. With the essay, include your name, address and email and a brief summary of school, church, and community activities including efforts for social justice. For the topic and submission requirements, please see the attached document below. (Deadline April 2)
Herbert Hoover Uncommon Student Award. This $5,000 award is for Iowa high school juniors. The program annually identifies and honors up to 15 Iowa high school juniors who propose and then accomplish a project of their own choosing and design. Grades, test scores, essays and financial need are NOT evaluated. To apply, students must be juniors in an Iowa high school in the spring of the application year, with a high school graduation date of the spring of the following year. Apply online at the link above. (Deadline: March 15.)
Brian Pearson Iowa Games Award - Open to juniors. The intent of this scholarship is to recognize an outstanding male and female student-athlete involved with the Iowa Games. Apply at the Brian Pearson Memorial Scholarship application (Deadline April 8)
National Merit Scholarship Program -- Check early! Requires PSAT test before application in senior year. This is a $2,500 scholarship.
Scholarships Available for Seniors
• If you are planning to attend Southeastern Community College,
check online for the scholarships which they offer. Deadline is April
1 at 4:30 p.m.
• Iowa State University Special Awards for Iowa Residents -- Iowa State University offers automatic scholarship awards to Iowa freshman applicants who rank in
the top 15% of their graduating class, who present a superior overall academic record that
includes a challenging college preparatory curriculum, or who have achieved a minimum
ACT or SAT score and GPA as specified in the award requirements. These awards are
provided to all qualified students who are offered admission by March 1, 2018. See https://www.admissions.iastate.edu/scholarships/freshman.php?state_id=IA.
Each individual college or university may offer various kinds of scholarships. Students need to contact the college/university they are planning to attendfor more information.
Bright Scholars of Iowa Awards are made by the following schools. Go to the websites for more information about application deadlines and eligibility.
Other Scholarship Websites
Check these out early because deadlines start as early as September!
Individual Scholarships -- varying deadlines!
• ATTENTION! CATHERINE McAULEY SCHOLARSHIP -- This program at Mount
Mercy University (Cedar Rapids) offers FREE tuition to Iowa students whose annual
family income is less than $45,000. This scholarship helps cover tuition costs (and future
tuition increases) and is renewable for all four years at Mount Mercy. Students who are
admitted to Mount Mercy University and meet the income requirements
AUTOMATICALLY qualify for the scholarship. For more information, please follow
- AMERICA'S HOMECOMING QUEEN SCHOLARSHIP -- This scholarship is for the student who is their school's homecoming queen. Check out the web link above and see Mrs. Alberts for more information.
- ATHLETIC BANDS SCHOLARSHIP (William Penn University) -- $10,000+ awarded per student per year. Requires commitment to WPU Marching Band AND one of the ensembles -- Pepe Band, Winter Percussion, or Winter Guard. Contact the Admissions Office (phone 800-779-7366, Ext. 1) to learn more.
- BETHANY LUTHERAN CHURCH SCHOLARSHIP -- This scholarship is available to students who are members of Bethany Lutheran Church. Contact the church for information.
- COMMUNITY FOUNDATION GREAT RIVER BEND SCHOLARSHIP (New Name: Quad Cities Community Foundation) -- There are 30 different scholarship opportunities available here. Click on the link above to review all of the requirements and opportunities, including those in skilled trades (such as automotive, drafting, electronics, welding, pre-engineering, agriculture, medical technology and construction). Some of the scholarships are renewable! Online applications become available November 1 and are due online at varying times from January 3-February 15. Plan ahead because applications, letters of recommendation and transcripts must be submitted online by the deadline. Applications available online or in Career Center.(Auto Show Scholarship Deadline: January 3.) Deadline for all others: February 15.
- The FREEDOM ALLIANCE SCHOLARSHIP FUND -- honors Americans in our Armed Forces who have sacrificed life or limb defending our country. Applicants must be the dependent child of a military person who has become permanently disabled, has been killed in action or has been classified as a Prisoner of War (POW) or Missing in Action (MIA). Be sure to click on the Qualifications tab to see if you are eligible. Applications are available online at www.FAScholarship.com.
- The GE Star Awards competition is open to high school seniors who are children of eligible GE employees and retirees worldwide. The purpose is to defray first-year higher education expenses. Recipients, chosen through a selective application process, are awarded a one-time award in one of two categories:
4-Year Category: For applicants who will attend a four-year college/university
2-Year Category: For applicants who will attend a two-year community college/vocational-technical school as their highest level of education.
Any eligible students wishing to apply or obtain more details should visit https://www.gestarwards.org/register.
- GRACE UNITED METHODIST -- This scholarship is available to students who are members of Grace United Methodist Church. Contact the church office for information.
- HAWKEYE COLLEGE is offering scholarships in various areas. Apply online at www.hawkeyecollege.edu/scholarships
- Iowa College Aid Scholarships -- This website has a list of state of Iowa grants and scholarships available to Iowans. Because each program is different, it is important to read and understand their specific eligibility requirements and application deadlines. It also has links to more programs available through the federal government and private sources.
- IOWA PRIDE SCHOLARSHIP -- William Penn University is offering a new scholarship to Iowa high school seniors who have a minimum of a 3.00 GPA, are Iowa residents, file FAFSA by July 1, and enroll at William Penn University as a full-time students. Contact the Admissions Office (phone 800-779-7366, Ext. 1) to learn more.
- La James' International College, a beauty and cosmetology school with locations in Iowa, Illinois, and Nebraska, offers a $1,500 scholarship for students interested in pursuing a career in cosmetology. Check out the information here. For the many scholarships and other resources in the field of cosmetology, check out the Scholarship Resources page.
- MAKING IT COUNT SCHOLARSHIPS are available for students with “Winning Characteristics”. To see if you qualify go to www.makingitcount.com/schoalrship.
- OBRELLA INSURANCE SCHOLARSHIPS -- These top insurance scholarships offer between $500 - $10,000 up to a full ride. Check them out. There are varying deadlines. Check the link for more information.
State Farm Good Neighbor - Check starting January 1. Only the first 700 applications received will be accepted!
Drive to Learn Scholarship -- Deadline March 1. Check link for details and application.
Don't Text and Drive Scholarship -- Apply online. Deadline September 30, 2018.
Project Yellow Light -- Apply online by March 1 or April 1 depending on whether you create a video, billboard design, or a radio spot. Click link for details. (Also check out the About page.)
Zebra Safe Driver Scholarship -- You can earn a $500 scholarship by writing a 500-1000 word essay. Find out more details at the link. You will need to keep checking to see if they update it for 2018.
- POWELL, HOMER C. A. MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP -- Students applying at North Campus, Southeastern Community College may apply for this scholarship that is based on academics (minimum 3.0 GPA) and leadership. Application and selection is made through SCC.
- SAGGAU, BERNIE AWARD -- This award is given to an athlete who exemplifies patriotic spirit and moral convictions. Criteria consist of honesty, integrity and sportsmanship. This is a non-monetary award. No Application.
- Studentscholarships.org. This website has many different scholarship programs that give out more than $5 million to students. Check this early and on a regular basis to see scholarships that are available. Apply online. Varying deadlines.
- TRINITY STUDENT AID & SCHOLARSHIP FUND -- Application and selection is made through Trinity Lutheran Church.
- UNIVERSITY OF IOWA has selected scholarships for OUTSTANDING FIRST-YEAR STUDENTS. More information is available online at www.uiowa.edu/financial-aid/scholarships. (Deadlines vary.)
- COLLEGE RAPTOR SCHOLARSHIP -- This $2,500 scholarship is for legal residents of the United States who are at least 16 years old and will be enrolled in an accredited secondary institution of higher learning (college, university, or trade school) in the fall of 2019. For full rules and an application, visit this website for links to the full rules and the application. Deadline is September 30, 2018!
- INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE SCHOLARSHIP -- Are you, or someone you know, interested in Industrial Maintenance but need some additional training? SCC's James Concannon Scholarship for Industrial Maintenance Technology is available to help. This $1000 scholarship is open to students enrolled or intending to enroll in SCC's Industrial Maintenance Technology Program. The scholarship application can be found here. (Deadline: October 1)
- WENDY'S HIGH SCHOOL HEISMAN SCHOLARSHIP -- Wendy's sponsors this scholarship for students who have maintained at least a B average, participated in at least one school-sponsored sport, are a leader in your community and a role model at your school. See the web link above for details in how to apply. Deadline for Phase I is October 17 by 5:00 p.m.
- HORATIO ALGER ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP -- This scholarship provides financial assistance to students throughout the nation who have significant financial need and have exhibited integrity and perseverance in overcoming personal adversity. They need to be involved in co-curricular and community service activities and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA. Applicants must be a U.S. citizen who is committed to pursuing and completing a bachelor's degree. Scholarships range from $6,000 to $25,000. Go to scholars.horatioalger.org and click on Learn more about our scholarships and then Learn more about our programs. Applications are available online at scholars.horatioalger.org by clicking on Learn more under Announcements and the 2018 Horatio Alger Scholarship is now open and are accepted from August 1-October 25, 2019 at 4:00 p.m. NOTE: In order for an application to be considered complete, the applicant's counselor (Mrs. Alberts) must complete a Certification Form online.
- IOWA FINANCIAL KNOW-HOW CHALLENGE: SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP -- Open to high school seniors who will attend college in Fall 2019. Thirty $2,000 college scholarships plus $500 to each recipient's high school. Challenge is open from October 23-February 16. Details under February 22.
- HAGAN SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION -- This scholarship is for high-achieving students (minimum 3.5 GPA with a minimum ACT score of 23) who need financial assistance. Each scholarship is worth up to $12,000 per year. For more information, please visit their website and/or pick up a brochure from the Career Center. (Deadline November 15.)
- ELKS CLUB MOST VALUABLE STUDENT – There are 500 four-year scholarships offered to graduating high school seniors. This scholarship is based on financial need, leadership and academic scholarship. Applications are available online at http://www.elks.org/ENF/Scholars/mvs.cfm. (Deadline November 15)
- DR. JUAN ANDRADE JR. SCHOLARSHIP -- Open to a student accepted for enrollment as a full-time undergraduate student in an accredited institution in the U.S. or U.S. territories with a verifiable need for financial support and has at least one parent of Hispanic ancestry. Applications are available at this website. (Deadline: November 30)
- GENIUS LOCI SCHOLARSHIP - Open to a legal U.S. resident who is at least 13 years old who plans to enroll in a U.S. college or university. Applications are available here. (Deadline: November 30)
- NATIONAL SPACE CLUB SCHOLARSHIP -- This $10,000 scholarship is open to seniors who intend to pursue a career in the STEM fields. More information and the application can be found at this website. (Deadline: November 30)
- HP SCHOLARSHIP - Applicant must be a legal 13-year-old or older legal U.S. resident. For an application, visit this website. (Deadline: November 30)
- SIXT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM - Opento a graduating high school senior who has a minimum of a 3.7 GPA on a 4.0 scale. For applications visit their website. (Deadline: November 30)
- SP SCHOLARSHIPS - Open to a legal resident of the United States who is at least 13 years old who are or will be enrolled in a U.S. college or university. Applications are available at this website. (Deadline: November 30)
- VIP SCHOLARSHIP - This $5,000 award is open to any United States citizen who is currently enrolled in high school or college. Applications are available at this website. (Deadline: November 30)
- NOTE: Iowa State University has 160 scholarships available for incoming freshmen. All require the FAFSA and application to be submitted by December 1. Check out this website for a list of scholarships available. Click on the name of each scholarship for more information.
- BARBARA LOTZE SCHOLARSHIPS FOR FUTURE TEACHERS - This $2,000 award is open to a seniors who are accepted for enrollment in an accredited two-year college, four-year college or university who plan to pursue a course of study leading toward a career in teaching physics in high school. (Deadline: December 1)
- LOOK TWICE, SAVE A LIFE SCHOLARSHIP - Open to a person planning on attending college or another form of higher education in the 2019-2020 school year who has a valid driver's license. Visit this website for an application. (Deadline: December 1)
- ALLIANT ENERGY INNOVATION SCHOLARSHIP – This $1,000 scholarship is designed to recognize outstanding community leadership in young people and help first-time college students reach their academic goals. Applicants will be judged on leadership experience and community service/volunteer activities, GPA, standardized test scores (ITED, ACT, or SAT), and an essay. Applications are available on line at scholarsapply.org/alliantenergyinnovation. (Applications are accepted from December 1 - February 15 at 3:00 p.m. )
- THELMA V. AND JOHN T. McCOLM SCHOLARSHIP -- Awards in the amount of $1,000 are available to incoming freshmen at Iowa State University. Requirements: Complete the FAFSA and the FinAidAcholar application by December 1 and be admitted to ISU by March 1. Online FinAidScholar Application here.
- IOWA ARTS COUNCIL SCHOLARSHIP -- This scholarship encourages the development of outstanding high school seniors who excel in the arts (music, dance and other performing arts, visual arts, drama/theater, creative writing and photography) and who have enrolled in educational programs leading to careers in the arts. Applications are available on line at www.iowaartscouncil.org. (Deadline December 10)
- AXA ACHIEVEMENT SCHOLARSHIP – Active in the community? Led a project benefiting others? Have overcame personal challenges? Application is available online. You must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident who is a high school senior planning to enroll full-time in an accredited two-year or four-year college. Applications are available here. (Deadline December 14)
- UNIVERSITY OF IOWA - PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM - Applicants must have a 30 ACT and a 3.9 GPA. For more information call 1-800-553-IOWA or visit their website: www.uiowa.edu/admissions/ undergrad/costs/first-yr-fin-aid. (Deadline December 14)
- HIXSON OPPORTUNITY AWARD -- is a half-tuition scholarship (estimated at more than $17,000 over eight semesters) awarded annually to 100 Iowa students. They are looking for students with ability and determination but also extreme financial need as reflected in their FAFSA. The Career Center has a brochure. Here is the link for the online application. Click Online Application in the left bar. (Deadline: December 15)
- IOWA WOMEN IN NATURAL RESOURCES (IWINR)-- This nongender-based $500 scholarship is for students planning to enroll in an Iowa university, college, or community college in order to pursue a career in a natural resources field, such as jobs in wildlife, fisheries, environmental management, forest resources, nongame specialists, environmental education, conservation law enforcement and related fields. Must be currently working on a conservation project or planning to do so. See attachment below for more details about the competitive selection process. (Deadline December 15)
- BURGER KING SCHOLARS PROGRAM - Open to a high school senior in the United States, Canada or Puerto Rico. Applications and more information are available here. (Deadline: December 15)
ZIP Recruiter $3000 Scholarship -- See flyer attached below and theirwebsite for
details. Award is based on the most creative 500-800 word essay answering specific questions on the flyer or website.Deadline for Summer/Fall term is December 31.
- QUAD CITY REGIONAL AUTO SHOW SCHOLARSHIP is available to seniors interested in automotive trade education who live in Cedar, Clinton, Des Moines, Henry, Jackson, Louisa, Muscatine, and Scott counties. For details visit the Community Foundation of the Great River Bend website. Brochures are available in the Career Center. (Deadline: January 3)
- IOWA/ILLINOIS REGIONAL AUTO SHOW SCHOLARSHIP is available to any student with ties to the auto industry. The student or a relative must be employed for a year with a local new car dealer. Applications are available online at www.cfgrb.org. (Deadline: January 3)
- 2019GE-REAGAN FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP -- This program annually provides college-bound students with $10,000 renewable scholarships. Applications are accepted until January 4, 2019. For more information, eligibility requirements, and a link to the application, please visit this link. (Deadline: January 4)
- UNITED STATES JCI SENATE FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP - Each year these $1,000 grants are award to seniors who plan to continue their education at accredited post-secondary colleges, universities or vocational schools. They must be used for educational expenses in the first year of full-time study. Application is online but must be postmarked by the deadline. (Deadline: January 11.)
- IOWA SCHOOL COUNSELOR ASSOCIATION - Must be a 12th grade Iowa high school student. Applicants must submit a 500 word (maximum) essay about a School Counselor that made a difference during your K-12 career. Application is available at ISCA Scholarship Application. (Deadline: January 4)
- MUSCATINE CHAPTER OF THE IOWA ENGINEERING SOCIETY is offering two $1500 scholarships to students pursuing a degree in engineering at either U of I or ISU. Applicants must have carried a 3.0 grade point average in 10th and 11th grades and have a composite ACT score of at least 24. More information is available online at the link above. You will need to scroll down to Muscatine Chapter 07 and click on the link for the Scholarship Application. (Deadline January 11)
- RIVER VALLEY COOPERATIVE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM -- Offers scholarships to both 2-year and 4-year degrees to students living within the River Valley Cooperative trade area. You do NOT need to be a member. Awards are based on scholastic achievement, demonstration of community and school involvement, knowledge of the cooperative system, and the perceived ability to contribute to agriculture in the future. $1000 scholarships will be award to five area seniors pursuing four-year degrees in agriculture-related fields and $500 scholarships will be offered for those pursuing two-year degrees in agriculture-related fields at Black Hawk East College (Kewanee, IL), Kirkwood Community College (Cedar Rapids), or Muscatine Community College. Need to complete application form (See attachment below -- 2018 Fillable Scholarship Application.), four essay questions, two letters of recommendation, and transcript. Deadline postmarked January 31
- UNIVERSITY OF IOWA – STRAYER-RAIRDEN SCHOLARSHIP IN PHYSICS – This $1,000 scholarship is for a student planning to major in physics or astronomy and is based on merit only. For more information go to this website to view guidelines and obtain a copy of the application form. (Deadline January 31).
- WAL-MART: SAM WALTON SCHOLARSHIP – This highly competitive scholarship is based on academics, ACT/SAT scores, school and community activities, and financial need. Applications are available online at www.walmartfoundation.org. (Deadline January 31)
- IOWA NATIONAL GUARD OFFICERS AUXILIARY SCHOLARSHIP - Two scholarships are available for students whose parent is or was a member of the Iowa National Guard. See their website for information and the application process. (Deadline February 1, 2019)
- FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH SCHOLARSHIP – Applicants must be members of or immediate family of members of First Presbyterian Church. Application is made through the church. (Deadline February 1)
- GARRETT'S PATH COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP -- These scholarships are for $1,000 each. High school seniors must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Applications are available online at Garrett's Path (Deadline February 1)
- GRAND LODGE OF IOWA -- The Grand Lodge of Iowa A.F. and A.M. will award scholarships for students planning to enroll in a post-secondary education program in any state at an accredited institution which provides a two- or four-year college program. The principal criterion is service to school and community with special emphasis upon leadership roles in these areas; but also includes academic record, communication skills, and financial need. Applications are available online or from the Career Center. Be sure to read the informational page (back page of application) to be sure you meet the criteria.(Deadline February 1)
- IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY – MULTICULTURAL VISION PROGRAM AWARD is a four-year full-tuition grant for minority high school students who demonstrate financial need. Further information can be found at www.iastate.edu/~mvprogram. Interview required prior to application. (Deadline February 1)
- NHS Scholarship Program --All NHS seniors in good standing are eligible to apply. 400 scholarships are available. Applications are available online. NHS members have been sent the application procedures or they are available from the Career Center. (Deadline: February 1)
- AMERICA'S FARMERS GROW AG LEADERS - This$1,500 scholarship is awarded to students interested in an ag-related field of study. More than $500,000 in scholarships will be awarded. Visit AmericasFarmers.com for more information and official rules. To apply, visit this website. (Applications accepted from November 15, 2018 to February 6, 2019)
- KFC’s COLONEL SCHOLARSHIP is available online at www.kfcsholars.org. (Deadline February 8)
- MONSANTO COMMITMENT TO AGRICULTURE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM – Applicants must have a member of their immediate family engaged in production agriculture, average to above average grades, and a minimum of 18 ACT. Applications are available online at www.monsato.com. (Deadline February 8)
- HY-VEE FOUNDATON SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM is offering scholarships to seniors who are current employees of whose parent is an employee. Applications are available online at www.hy-vee.com. (Deadline February 10)
- BEST BUY SCHOLARSHIPS – Best Buy Children’s Foundation is providing four scholarships in each U. S. Congressional District to recognize and reward students who have made extraordinary volunteer contributions to their communities. Applications are available online at http://pr.bby.com. (Deadline February 15)
- CO-OP PROGRAMS -- Combine classroom studies with professional work experience in fields related to your academic and career goals. For more information log on to www.co-op.edu. (Deadline February 15)
- GREAT RIVER FRIENDS – Criteria are that the student must be interested in pursing health care occupations, live within a 60-mile radius of Burlington, and have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Scholarships are at least $1,000. The recipient may attend any college. Applications are available online at http://greatrivermedical.org/ choose Great River Friends tab and then go to scholarships. Must be postmarked by Feb. 15. (Deadline February 15)
- IOWA NEWSPAPER FOUNDATION (INF) has scholarships available for students preparing for a newspaper career. The application process is entirely online this year by visiting the scholarship application link. Awards are typically between $500-$1000. (Deadline: February 15)
- MEDIACOM WORLD CLASS SCHOLARSHIP – Applicants must have very good grades and demonstrate leadership ability. An essay and references are required. Applications are available from the Career Center, online at www.mediacomworldclass.com, or at any Mediacom payment center. More details are available in the attachment below. (Deadline February 16)
- THE UNITED METHODIST MEN OF THE FIRST UNITED METHODIST CHURCH OF BURLINGTON—The UMM will award at least one scholarship to a member who plans to attend a college or university beginning in the year the scholarship is awarded. Application is made through the church. (Deadline February 15)
- DES MOINES COUNTY SWCD, CONSERVATION DISTRICT OF IOWA AND CDI AUXILIARY – This scholarship is for any senior who will be attending college in the fields of agriculture or conservation. Winners are selected for Des Moines County before being submitted to state competition. Criteria are leadership (service, character, self-motivation), scholastic achievement, and need. The new application form is available below and must be submitted to the SWCD Office in the county in which they live. Another attachment below outlines the application process, deadlines, and award amounts. (See 2019 DM County CDI...) (Deadline February 15)
- IOWA FINANCIAL KNOW-HOW CHALLENGE SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP -- This is an opportunity for 30 high school seniors to earn $2,000 for college, all while learning important financial literacy skills. It is open to all high school seniors regardless of financial need, GPA, class rank or intended college. Applications are available November 1 and are due February 16.
- IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY – VEISHEA COMMUNITY INVOLVEMNT SCHOLARSHIP– Applicants must plan to attend ISU in the fall, have a minimum GPA of 3.0, exhibit dedication towards volunteering in their community and potential for continued community involvement. Applications are available online at www.veisha.iastate.edu. (Deadline February 17)
- IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY – VEISHEA LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP FOR OUTSTANDING HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS – Applicants must have been accepted to ISU, rank in the upper 15% of their class, have a 26 or higher ACT, exhibit involvement in high school and community activities, particularly in leadership positions. Applications are available online at www.veisha.iastate.edu. (Deadline February 17)
- IOWA FINANCIAL KNOW-HOW CHALLENGE: SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP -- Open to high school seniors who will attend college in Fall 2019. Thirty $2,000 college scholarships plus $500 to each recipient's high school. Challenge is open from October 23-February 16. Register online and then follow emailed instructions to complete two online components and a related multiple-choice assessment. The 30 students with the high scores will each earn $2000. Start at this website. All components must be completed before 4 p.m. on Friday, February 22.
- ALLIANT CREDIT UNION -- Each year they award 5 $500 scholarships to seniors planning to attend an accredited college, university or vocational school. Awardees must be a member of the Alliant Credit Union. Completed applications are put into a drawing and winners are randomly chosen. Please visit their website for the application. Deadline: February 25.
- BURLINGTON FINE ARTS LEAGUE SCHOLARSHIP – A student who is strong in the area of art, drama, music, and /or literature may want to apply for this renewable scholarship for any student planning to major in an arts-related field. This includes fields like fashion design and architecture! Other criteria include a minimum grade point average of 3.0, leadership and need. Application and eligibility requirements are available BFAL or in attachments below (BFAL). (Deadline February 26)
- SOUTHEASTERN COMMUNITY COLLEGE FOUNDATION BOARD SCHOLARSHIP -- These scholarships are given to the top five students (based on cumulative grade point average) who plan to attend Southeastern Community College. Only application to SCC is necessary. (Deadline February 28)
- AUREON NETWORK SERVICES SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM is partnering with Danville Telecom to provide $10,000 worth of scholarships! To be eligible students must be pursuing a STEM-related course of study (science, technology, engineering, math) and live within the Danville Telecom service area. They will be awarding one $3,000 scholarship, two $2,000 scholarships, and three $1,000 scholarships. Applicant eligibility and submission requirements are available at this link. (Deadline March 1)
- IH MISSISSIPPI VALLEY CREDIT UNION (IHMVCU) will be awarding $30,00 in scholarships, must be a member, a senior, enrolled in a 2 or 4 year college or voc-tech school. link to applications (Deadline by 5:30pm March 1)
- VIETNAM VETERANS OF AMERICA -- The Vietnam Veterans Local 947 will be awarding three (3) $750 scholarships for seniors who are descendants of Vietnam Veterans attending college or trade school in the fall of 2019. Applications are available from the Career Center. (Deadline March 1)
- MASONRY INSTITUTE OF IOWA offers scholarships to all high school seniors going into the construction/architectural/engineering/masonry fields at an Iowa institution of higher learning. Visit their website for all the pertinent information and application. (Deadline March 2)
- BURLINGTON NORTHERN SANTA FE SCHOLARSHIP -- This scholarship is available to current high school seniors who are the dependent sons, daughters or stepchildren of full-time BNSF employees. For more information call 1-615-320-3149 or e-mail to SPA.INC@WORLDNET.ATT.NET. You may also request an application by writing to Scholarship Program Administrators, Inc., P. O. Box 23737, Nashville, TN 37202-3737. Applications must be requested by March 1 each year.
- DANIEL JOHNSON MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP -- This $500 scholarship is awarded to students living in Farm Bureau District 7 (Southeast Iowa) who is pursuing an agricultural degree. The recipient will be selected from the Iowa Farm Bureau Scholarship (IFBS) applicants. (See below.) (Deadline March 1)
- DES MOINES COUNTY FARM BUREAU SCHOLARSHIP – Applicants must be the child of an Iowa Farm Bureau member who are working toward a degree in agriculture or agribusiness. See Farm Bureau website for more information on this $500 scholarship and the application. Applications are also available in Des Moines Scholarship attachment below. (Deadline March 1)
- IOWA FARM BUREAU SCHOLARSHIP -- This $1000 scholarship will be awarded to 54 students (6 in each district) pursuing the completion of a 2- or 4-year undergraduate degrees in agriculture and/or agribusiness. Sons and daughters of Iowa Farm Bureau members are eligible to apply. A list of degrees, more criteria, and the application are in the 2018 IFBS attachment below. (Deadline March 1)
- IOWA SOYBEAN ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP -- is available to any senior involved in FFA or 4-H and plan to seek a degree in Agriculture. Application is available from the Career Center. (Deadline March 1)
- IOWA STATE UNIVERSITY - SPECIAL AWARDS for IOWA RESIDENTS --is awarded to students who rank in the top 15% of their graduating class or those who meet certain academic requirements. Further information is available online at www.iastate.edu. (Deadline March 1)
- FOUNDATION FOR RURUAL SERVICE (FRS) SCHOLARSHIP - The FRS strongly supports the continuing education of rural youth. Applicants must be sponsored by a current NTCA-The Rural Broadband Association member (such as Danville Telecom), be accepted by an accredited 2- or 4-year college, university, or vocational-technical school, have a minimum of a C GPA, and express an interest to return to a rural community following graduation. For application instructions and the necessary forms, please visit this website. Deadline: March 1
- IOWA AUTOMOBILE DEALERS FOUNDATION FOR EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP -- offers 15 scholarships of $2,000 each to students committed to pursuing automotive-related studies, such as technician training, body shop/collision repair, diesel, new vehicle sales, parts sales, accounting, or business administration. For more information click on the above link. 2019 scholarship applications are available online, in the attachment below, or from the Career Center. Deadline March 1 by 5:00 p.m.
- IT Leadership Forum Technology Scholarship --is a $1,000 scholarship awarded to Iowa high school seniors who have been involved in STEM classes or clubs and plan to pursue a technology-related degree at an Iowa college, university or community college. Eligibility requirements are available online. See details on the website and click Next to get the application form. (Deadline March 1)
- Mark Earl and Esther Ruth Spencer Technical Scholarship (MCEC) -- These scholarships are for high school seniors who plan to enroll in a mechanical or trade course of study at an accredited Iowa Community College. They may be used for tuition, fees, books, and tools. If interested, first read the informational page (back page of application) to determine if you meet eligibility and selection criteria. Applications may be found online. (Deadline: March 1)
- Southeast Iowa Builders Association is offering a scholarship for the construction area. A wide variety of majors related to construction such as engineering, architecture, carpentry, H/AC, accounting, business management will be considered. Along with the award, the student will work in a construction internship. The construction application is attached below. (Deadline March 1)
- WARTH INSURANCE SCHOLARSHIPS -- This $250 scholarship is awarded to a high school senior who will be attending a post-secondary school (college/university, trade school or vocational program). The requirements include a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or better out of a possible 4.0, a copy of most recent transcript, a completed application and essay question returned to Earth Insurance Agency via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or postmarked by March 1, 2018. Apply online at link above or check attachments below.
- WARTH Agriculture Scholarship --This $250 scholarship is awarded to a high school senior who is an eligible FFA/4-H member. The requirements include a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or better out of a possible 4.0, a copy of most recent transcript, a completed application and essay question returned to Earth Insurance Agency via email at email@example.com or postmarked by March 1, 2018. Apply online at link above or check attachments below.
- WINEGARD’S SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM -- Applicants must be children of full-time Winegard Company employees. Selection is based on academics, leadership, extracurricular activities, work experience, career goals, and family circumstances. Application forms are available at the Human Resource Department at Winegard. (Deadline March 1)
- WOODMEN OF THE WORLD SCHOLARSHIP -- To be eligible for this scholarship, you must have a 2.5 grade point average. You must file a financial need analysis to the college of your choice. Application is available from the Career Center. (Deadline March 1)
- YMCA-YWCA JOHN SLOCUM HONORARY SCHOLARSHIP is available to any senior student who is a member of the “Y” and has a 2.5 GPA. Award is $250. Application is available online at http://www.burlingtony.org/scholarship/(Deadline March 1)
- ELEVATE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM --Elevate Advanced Manufacturing is offering several $500 scholarships to Iowa high school seniors interested in studying a manufacturing-related career at one of Iowa's 15 community colleges. One award will be made per college region. Click on the link above. Deadline March 1
- DELTA KAPPA GAMMA (ALPHA IOTA CHAPTER) SCHOLARSHIP -- This one-year scholarship will be awarded to a Des Moines County female planning to attend Southeastern Community College majoring in education. Students must have maintained high academic and personal standards throughout high school. Apply through SCC website www.scciowa.edu (Deadline March 4)
- College Funding Forecaster Giveaway -- This is open to Iowa high school students and their parents or guardians from March 18 - April 30. There are weekly drawings for educational expense awards plus two college scholarships for high school seniors attending college in the Fall 2019. Requirements: Complete the College Funding Forecaster tool to estimate total college costs over four years and enter contact information to register. Start at this web page.
- FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH SCHOLARSHIP -- This scholarship is made available to those students who are First Christian Church members. Application is made through the church. (Deadline March 12)
- IOWA COMMUNICATIONS ALLIANCE SCHOLARSHIP -- Offers one or more $2,5000 college scholarships to aid students from rural areas with financial assistance to pursue higher education. Applicants must be accepted by/or be enrolled in an accredited 2- or 4-year college/university or vocational school; receive any local telecommunication service from an Iowa Communications Alliance member and be from a rural area; have a minimum of a "C" GPA; express an interest to live and work in a rural community following graduation; and be sponsored by your local telecommunications service provider. See attachments below. (Deadline March 13)
- ACCESS ENERGY COOPERATIVE SCHOLARSHIP-- Students eligible are those whose parents or legal guardians are members of the cooperative. Three $500 scholarships will be awarded. Applications available at access energy scholarship application, in the Career Center, or on page 5 of the documents below. An essay is required. (Deadline: March 15)
- AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY - Applicants must be cancer survivors planning to attend a 2 or 4 year college or vocational technical school in Iowa, Minnesota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin. Applications are available online at www.cancer.org. (Deadline March 15)
- CORBIN, JESSIE A. SCHOLARSHIP -- This specialized, renewable scholarship is for students who plan to train or study in the area related to the care, education, or development of the mentally handicapped. Application is available below under F & M Bank and Trust at this link. Jesse Corbin Scholarship (Deadline March 15)
- CRAWFORD, A. VERN & PAULINE -- A senior who has good moral character and plans to attend Iowa State University is encouraged to apply for this scholarship. Other criteria include financial need, scholastic record, and abstinence of tobacco and drugs. Applicant must be entering one of these fields: veterinary science, forestry, electronics, electrical or mechanical engineering, agriculture, or home economics. Application is available by contacting 319-754-2250 or Crawford Scholarship Trust, % Susquehanna Bank, P.O. Box 928, Burlington, IA 52601or see application below under F & M Bank and Trust. (Deadline March 15)
- DES MOINES COUNTY RETIRED SCHOOL PERSONNEL ASSOCIATION -- This organization offers a scholarship to a student who plans a career in the education field. Financial need will be considered. Application is available from the Career Center. (Deadline April 1)
- EASTERN IOWA LIGHT AND POWER COOPERATIVE -- is offering a scholarship to students whose parents belong to the coop. If you live in rural Des Moines county this may be for you. Information is available online at Eastern Iowa Light & Power Coop Application Page after January 1st. Fifteen $1,000 and five $500 scholarships are available. (Deadline March 15)
- GNAHN, EDWARD G. SCHOLARSHIP -- The health field or special education is the area of this renewable $1,500 scholarship. Students must maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point to be considered. Application is available from the Career Center. (Deadline March 15)
- GNAHN, EDWARD G. DISABLED PERSONS SCHOLARSHIP – This $1,500 scholarship is available for any student with a disability entering any field. Application is available from the Career Center. (Deadline March 15)
- ROAD TO SUCCESS SCHOLARSHIP -- This $1,000 scholarship is open to a high-school senior who is currently insured through a personal auto policy or listed as a dependent on an auto insurance policy by Grinnell Mutual or Grinnell Select Insurance Company. The senior must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0, have a clean driving record, and plans to attend an accredited post-secondary educational institution. View and submit an application online. (Deadline March 15)
- HORATIO ALGER ASSOCIATION'S CAREER & TECHNICAL SCHOLARSHIP --These $2,500 scholarships are available for those who exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a career or technical program (up to 2 years) at an accredited non-profit post-secondary U.S. institution, demonstrate a critical financial need (eligible to receive the Federal Pell grant as determined by completion of the FAFSA), and have demonstrated perseverance in overcoming adversity. Funds may be used for tuition, fees, books and supplies. (Applications open online on March 15 for fall 2019.)
- KINGS DAUGHTERS & SONS ELIZABETH KELLY SCHOLARSHIP --Applicants must live in Des Moines County and have been accepted at or applied for acceptance at an accredited Iowa college, have reasonably good passing grades, and good character. Application available online. (Deadline March 15)
- LOPER (BEATRICE SCHEETZ) SCHOLARSHIP -- This renewable scholarship is based on financial need with the intent to pursue a four year degree program. The applicant may attend Southeastern Community College and then transfer. Application is available below under F & M Bank and Trust. (Deadline March 15)
- McALLISTER, JOAN SCHOLARSHIP is available to any senior who is enrolled in any college with the intent to receive a Bachelor’s Degree in a field of study relating to elementary education. This scholarship is renewable for four years if a 3.0 GPA is maintained. Application is available below under F & M Bank and Trust. (Deadline March 15)
- RAIDER, HELEN MEMORIAL TRUST SCHOLARSHIP –This is available to students planning to pursue post-education in a college or a vocational school. The following are taken into account: GPA, School and Community Activities, and a 100-word essay. Application is available online. This is a renewable scholarship or from the Career Center. (Deadline March 15)
- RASCHE SCHOLARSHIP (FROM ZION UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST) -- These scholarships are available to students who are members of Zion United Church. Application is made through the church. (Deadline March 15)
- REED, DONNA PERFORMING ARTS SCHOLARSHIP -- This scholarship is for students interested in the performing arts (acting, dance, vocal, or instrumental music.) Applicants must submit tapes of their work and an application. For applications and/or information go to www.donnareed.org. (Deadline March 15)
- SEIBA (Southeast Iowa Builders' Assn.) -- Offers several scholarships for those interested in pursuing careers in construction (construction engineering, construction management, construction technology, or other construction-related fields). For more information visit their website. Applications can be submitted are available at this website and may be submitted any time up to the deadline of March 15, 2019.
- SHERIDAN-SETTERBERG MEMORIAL TRUST SCHOLARSHIP is actually two scholarships. One scholarship is for students enrolled in any college, university or community college and one scholarship is for students enrolled in a vocational-technical training school. Both scholarships are based on financial need, academic records and achievements. Application is available below under F & M Bank and Trust. (Deadline March 15)
- ALTRUSA SCHOLARSHIP -- Awards two $500 scholarship to students in this area. Application is below. (Deadline March 18)
- BETA SIGMA PSI-IOWA STATE UNIVERISTY-National Lutheran Fraternity-3 scholarships awarded at $2000 each incoming Luterhan men for their education at ISU. Apply online http://epsilon.betasigmapsi.org/ Deadline March 23
- HEALTH CARE CAREERS SCHOLARSHIP --The Iowa Hospital Association supports these up to $7,000 scholarships ($3,500 per year for a maximum of two years) which are available through the Iowa Hospital Education and Research Foundation. The goal of the program is to fill Iowa health care positions that have a notable number of openings by offering significant financial support to students seeking health care education. In exchange for that financial support, each award recipient must commit to working one year in an Iowa hospital for each year of scholarship award. Visit this link for a poster with a QR code for more information. All applications need to be submitted online at the IHERF scholarship website. Deadline March 30
- MITCH KING'S EXTRA HEARTBEAT SCHOLARSHIP --Thisup to$5,000scholarship is awarded to an area high school senior athlete who demonstrate a passion for sports and the intangibles that are acquired through athletics. Application can be downloaded from the attachments below or on their website. Either will be accepted. Deadline March 30
- UNIVERSITY OF IOWA - ACACIA FRATERNITY SCHOLARSHIP -- These scholarships are designed to reward male students who have exhibited exceptional ability in the fields of academics, extracurricular activities, and human service. (Note: Financial need is not a criterion.) The application form is available online. Deadline March 31.
- TOPTAL SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM - This is open to girls with a passion for changing the future. Winner will receive a $10,000 scholarship plus a year of mentorship and guidance from an expert in their field of interest. For more details and the application, visit their website. Official rules are available here. Deadline March 31, 2019
- ALPHA DELTA KAPPA -- The Sigma Chapter of Burlington is offering a $1,0000 scholarship to Des Moines County seniors who will be majoring in education. Applicants must show leadership qualities, demonstrate academic success, and be involved in extracurricular and/or community activities. Need will be considered but will not be the most important criteria. Applications may be picked up in the Career Center. Deadline March 31
- GREAT CLIPS SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM -- These $250-$2,500 scholarships, in memory of Alice Madden Barton, are awarded to high school students who are interested in pursuing a cosmetology career. Get started at their website. Deadline March 31.
- JANICE M. SCOTT MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND (JMSMSF) -- 3-4 scholarships of up to $2,500 are available. See the attachments below for information and application. Deadline March 31.
- KING’S DAUGHTERS & SONS -- The Dr. Jennie McCowen Scholarship is offered through the Iowa Branch of the International Order of the King’s Daughters and Sons for students who are in need of supplemental help. A student may be entering a School of Nursing or may be attending an Iowa medical school. References are required. It is a renewable scholarship. Application is available from the Career Center. (Deadline March 31)
- LEARNING DISABILITIES ASSOCIATION OF IOWA SCHOLARSHIP -- These scholarships are designed to assist students with a learning disability in pursuing a post-secondary education at an accredited two- or four-year college or vocational school. Applications are available online at www.lda-ia.org. (Deadline March 31).
- SFM Foundation Scholarship -- To students whose parents were killed or seriously injured in workplace accidents while working for employers in Minnesota or Iowa. Awards are up to $10,000 per year up to five years. For more information and to apply, visit the SFM website. (Deadline March 31)
- ACACIA LEADERSHIP SCHOLARSHIP ISU -- is designed to identify and reward outstanding high school seniors who have demonstrated their ability to excel in the fields of academics, extracurricular school activities, and community involvement. These up to 15 scholarships with a maximum value of $1,000 each are available to any male graduating senior from an accredited high school who attends Iowa State University and can be applied to tuition, room, and board. Financial need is not a criterion. Application forms are available at the Career Center. (Deadline April 1)
- SIOA (Southeast Iowa Officials Association) SCHOLARSHIP - Two $300 scholarships are awarded to senior athletes (one male and one female) who have maintained a 3.0 GPA and are planning to enroll full-time in a 2- or 4-year college or university in the fall. Application and more information are in the attached SIOA files below (Word and PDF). (Deadline: April 1)
- IOWA GOLF ASSOCIATION -- ANN GRIFFEL SCHOLARSHIP -- awards $2,000 scholarship to Iowa high school senior girls who have a passion for golf and intend to further their education at an Iowa institution of high learning whether it be a college, university, or trade school. Scholarships are awarded based on academic performance, extracurricular activities and leadership qualities. Applications and criteria are available online. (Deadline: April 1)
- IOWA GOLF ASSOCIATION -- HERMAN SANI SCHOLARSHIP -- Any graduating high school senior and resident of the State of Iowa is eligible for this $2,000 scholarship renewable for three additional consecutive years as long as reasonable academic progress is being made. Winners are judged on involvement and experience in golf, school and extracurricular activities, work experience, financial need, and college/career plans. Applications and criteria are available online. (Deadline: April 1)
- FREDDIE MIRANDA ACCESS SCHOLARSHIPS --Seniors who would benefit from this scholarship are eligible to be nominated by school counselors, teachers, administrators and school board member. Candidates must exhibit a commitment to learning and have demonstrated involvement and leadership in their schools, the community, and/or service to others. Preference given to first generation college students, under-represented populations, and those with financial need. Three $1,000 scholarships will be awarded. Our school and the university you attend has to be a member of the Iowa ACAC to apply. (Deadline April 1)
- BURLINGTON JUNIOR WOMEN'S LEAGUE SCHOLARSHIP -- Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA, extracurricular activity involvement, plan to attend at least two years of college, have some financial need, and be graduating from a senior from high school. Applications are available in the Career Center. (Deadline April 1)
- BRAY, JAMES W. & CAROLYN SCHOLARSHIP – This scholarship is open to students who live in Iowa and attend high school within a 25-mile radius of Danville. Applicants may attend a 2-year or 4-year college. In addition to the application, applicants must include a photo and two letters of recommendation. Application available in the Career Center or in attachments below. (Deadline April 1)
- DANVILLE MUTUAL TELEPHONE COMPANY -- is sponsoring scholarships for graduating seniors of the Danville Community School who plan to attend a post-secondary school. Pick up and return applications to the Career Center. (Deadline April 1)
- FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH/FOLEY MEMORIAL – These are two separate scholarships made available to those students who are First Baptist Church members. Application is made through the church. (Deadline April 1)
- IOWA BROADCASTERS ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP -- This award will be given to seniors who plan to enroll in a 4-year broadcasting program in Iowa. You must have achieved an above-average high school academic record and you need to submit an essay which discusses your strong desire to enter the field of broadcasting. Leadership skills and work experience must also be noted. Applications are now available on line at www.iowabroadcasters.com. (Deadline April 1)
- LAWRENCE AND MARILYN MATTESON SCHOLARSHIPS I --Twelve $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to seniors from SE Iowa high schools pursuing studies in health sciences, technology or trades. Applicants must have at least a 2.0 GPA and preference is given to those students with less than a 3.5 GPA although those with GPAs above 3.5 are still encouraged to apply. Selection criteria include financial need, personal character, and career goals as evaluated by a written essay, school activities, community and personal activities, and work experience. Visit this website to apply. (Deadline April 1)
- MESSIAH LUTHERAN CHURCH SCHOLARSHIP -- Application and selection is made through Messiah Lutheran Church. (Deadline April 1)
- PEIF SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM -- The Professional Educators of Iowa offers several scholarships for students. See their website. If you scroll down, you will see a description of the different scholarships and the requirements. The scholarship brochure can be seen at this link. Click here to download the application coversheet. (Deadline postmarked April 1)
- ROY J. CARVER SCHOLARSHIP (U.N.I.) -- This application is available between July 1 and April 1. Be sure to renew your FAFSA starting October 1 to be considered for need-based scholarships. (Deadline: April 1)
- SOUTHEASTERN COMMUNITY COLLEGE FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS – For all SCC Foundation Scholarships apply at www.SCCiowa.edu, and click on apply for financial aid. Be sure you have applied for admission before applying for scholarships! (Deadline March 1)
- PEACE WITH JUSTICE SCHOLARSHIP ESSAY CONTEST -- Open to high school juniors or seniors who live in Iowa or attend an Iowa high school. Three $500 scholarships will be awarded. Essays must be less than 1,000 words and the original work of the applicant. With the essay, include your name, address and email and a brief summary of school, church, and community activities including efforts for social justice. For the topic and submission requirements, please see the attached document below. (Deadline April 2)
- BURLINGTON – WEST BURLINGTON OPTIMISTS CLUB/YOUTH APPRECIATION SCHOLARSHIP – Students will need to complete a cover letter and resume. NO Sponsorship is needed as of 2019. Application and further information in attachments below and in the Career Center. Applications must be returned to Mrs. Alberts. (Deadline April 6)
- BRIAN PEARSON IOWA GAMES AWARD -- This scholarship is in honor of former Iowa State University basketball player who died of brain cancer in 1997. The intent of this scholarship is to recognize an outstanding male and female student-athlete involved with the Iowa Games (Summer Iowa Games, Winter Iowa Games, Iowa Games Net Fest, or Iowa Games Mud Run). The applicant may be either a junior or a senior. For more information click on the above link. The application is available in the the attachments below. (Deadline April 8)
- P.E.O. STAR SCHOLARSHIP -- This is a non-renewable $2,500 scholarship for graduating high school senior women which must be used in the academic year following graduation. Applicants must exhibit excellence in leadership, academics (a minimum GPA of 3.0), extracurricular activities, community service and potential for future success. Applicants plan to attend an accredited post-secondary education institution in the fall following graduation and is recommended by and receives the vote of a P.E.O. chapter. Applications are available online between Sept. 1-Nov. 1 athttps://www.peointernational.org/about-star
- HENRY COUNTY PHEASANTS FOREVER $1,000 SCHOLARSHIP --Applicants must live and/or attend school in Henry County with a minimum 3.0 GPA, pursuing a degree at an accredited institution of higher education, and very active on a personal level in conservation/habitat-related community and/or extracurricular activities. Applicants must also demonstrate leadership skills and the motivation to participate in extracurricular activities and demonstrate a commitment to and passion for conservation and improvement of wildlife habitat. Short essay and two letters of recommendation also required. Applications are available at: http://www.henrycountypf.org/youth/. See attachments below. (Deadline April 19)
- DANVILLE LIONS CLUB SCHOLARSHIP -- Applications are available in the Career Center. (Deadline April 14)
- S.O.A.R. SCHOLARSHIP program is being offered by WQAD News 8 and The Sedona Group for current high school seniors attending school in the WQAD viewing area who exemplify the characteristics of Strength, Optimism, Achievement & Resolve. For more information, go to the Contest section of www.wqad.com. (Postmarked by April 15)
- DANVILLE COMMUNITY SCHOOL FOUNDATION BOARD --Annually awards the $500 Robert & Edith Unterkircher Memorial Scholarship to a graduating senior who anticipates pursuing an agriculture/technology career. Applications are accepted starting January 15. Applications are available from the Career Center. (Deadline April 15)
- DANVILLE COMMUNITY SCHOOL FOUNDATION BOARD -- Annually awards the $500 Goldie Albright Memorial Scholarship to a graduating senior who anticipates pursuing a medical/health-related career. Applications are accepted starting January 15. Applications are available from the Career Center. (Deadline April 15)
- LEO GRETHER SCHOLARSHIP -- This $2,500 scholarship is for a graduating senior who is enrolling in college as a vocal music education major. For a list of requirements, application, and where to send all materials, please visit this website. You'll want to start on this one early! In addition to the application form, candidates must submit a tape containing two selections of contrasting nature, a listing of school music participation and accomplishments, a letter listing music involvement in church and/or community cosigned by the pastor or civic leader, and a one-page essay entitled: "Why I Have Chosen Choral Music Education as a Career." (Deadline April 15)
- MASONIC LODGE - DANVILLE, IOWA - SCHOLARSHIP I -- The Danville Masonic Lodge is sponsoring a scholarship for a graduating senior from Danville Community School who plans to pursue a four-year degree following graduation. Applications are available in the Career Center. (Deadline April 15)
- MASONIC LODGE - DANVILLE, IOWA - SCHOLARSHIP II -- The Danville Masonic Lodge is sponsoring a scholarship for a graduating senior from Danville Community School who plans to pursue high education in an Industrial Arts, Health Services, or Culinary Arts course of instruction following graduation. Applications are available in the Career Center. (Deadline April 15)
- MR. & MRS. ROBERT LYLE HOBART SCHOLARSHIP -- is to be used for annual athletic, academic or music scholarships for a graduating senior boy and girl from Danville Community High School. Application is available from the Career Center. (Deadline April 15)
- VFW POST 9162, JAMES W SANDERSON SCHOLARSHIP has three scholarships available to students with a parent or grandparent who was a veteran or student’s enlisting in the National Guard or Reserves. Application is available from the Career Center. (Deadline April 15)
- KWQC 6 BROADCAST SCHOLARSHIP -- There are two $1,000 scholarships available for students living in KWQC's viewing area accepted into broadcast journalism classes. Applications are available at the following website: KWQC6 Broadcasting Scholarship Application (Deadline April 21)
- NAACP – VARNELL BRAMLETT AND MUGGSIE DEERY SCHOLARSHIP – This scholarship is for a Des Moines County senior with a GPA of 2.5 or better and financial need. Preference will be given to a NAACP member. See application below. (Deadline April 25)
- DANVILLE EDUCATION ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP -- Applications are available from the Career Center. (Deadline April 15)
- DR. ROBERT D. ROWLEY MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP -- is awarded to Des Moines, Lee, Henry, or Louisa County students actively engaged in studying any field of healthcare at Southeastern Iowa Community College, Iowa Wesleyan University, or to University of Iowa. Primary consideration for selection is financial need but other information that bears on a student's prospects for successful completion of the course of study and the student's commitment to a healthcare career will be considered. Applications may be recieved by emailing Two Rivers Bank & Trust at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Deadline April 30)
• IOWA ASSOCIATION OF BUSINESS SCHOLARSHIP (IAOB) --
This $2,000 scholarship to a 4-year college and $1,000 scholarship
to a 2-year college is awarded to seniors who live in Iowa and are
interested in careers related to architectural or the construction
industry. See attachment below for a list of eligible programs,
further information, and the application form. (Deadline May 1)
- FALK, PEARL HULL SCHOLARSHIP -- The $800 scholarships are awarded annually to needy and worthy students of good character and scholastic record. Each recipient must be of the Protestant faith, a resident of Iowa, and a full-time student at the University of Iowa. One of the recipients must be a member of an Episcopal Church and one must be a young man who shows interest in and promise for a career as a banker. Applications are available from the Career Center. For questions, contact Elizabeth Burke at email@example.com. (Deadline May 1)
- GOVERNOR’S IOWA STATE FAIR SCHOLARSHIP -- To be eligible for this scholarship you must actively participate at the Iowa State Fair (past or present), be a graduating senior from an Iowa high school, and plan to enroll at an Iowa college. Criteria include an essay, exhibits/participation, letters of reference, class rank, extracurricular & community activities, and financial need. Applications are available online at www.iowacollegeaid.gov. (Deadline May 1)
- SOUTHEASTERN COMMUNITY COLLEGE MINORITY TRUSTEE SCHOLARSHIP -- Minority students with a 2.5 GPA and rank in the upper 50% of their class may apply for this renewable scholarship. Applications are available through SCC Admissions Office. (Deadline May 1)
- BURLINGTON STEAMBOAT DAYS SCHOLARSHIP -- A scholarship will be awarded to a music student based on the following criteria: recipient must be a band, instrumental or vocal student and financial need will be considered. Burlington Steam Boat Days volunteers preferred. Application is available through SCC's online application. (Deadline May 6)
- ROBERT D. BLUE SCHOLARSHIP -- Applicants must meet the following minimum criteria to apply: 28 ACT or 1240 SAT; 3.5 GPA on 4.0 scale; rank in top 10% of graduating class; be a legal Iowa resident; graduate from an Iowa high school this spring; have completed 3 years of science including 2 years of lab science, 2 years of same foreign language, 4 years of English, 3 years of social studies, and 3 years of math beyond general math and pre-algebra; and have applied or been accepted at an accredited post-secondary school. Applications and more information are available by following the links at this website. (Deadline May 10)
- KREG TOOL $1000.00 SCHOLARSHIP -- This scholarship will be awarded at the EXPO to a high school senior going into the skilled trades and attending either a 2- or 4-year school after high school. Must have completed application and letters by May 10 and have an individual project in the EXPO. The scoring rubric will be used by the East Polk County Rotary scholarship team. See the attachment below for more information and to fill out the application. (Deadline May 10; Awarded May 11)
- CHILDREN'S CANCER CONNECTION EMPOWERING SCHOLARSHIPS -- include book reimbursement scholarships and tuition assistance scholarships in values from $500 - $5,000. In order to qualify, applicants must be directly affected by childhood cancer (including individuals who currently have or have had cancer before age 18 or a sibling of that individual); must be living, treated or diagnosed in the state of Iowa; must attend or plan to attend an accredited two- or four-year institution (trade school, college or university); and have a minimum GPA of 2.5. Applications are available at the above link. (Deadline May 24 for fall semester; September 28 for spring semester)
• ASPIRING NURSE SCHOLARSHIP -- The Nursing Schools Almanac will award a
$1,000 scholarship to an aspiring nurse who best demonstrates a track record of
academic excellence, particularly in science and mathematics and a passion for the
nursing profession and the overall field of healthcare. Interested students may visit the
website and click the banner on the right-hand side of the homepage to find detailed
scholarship information and the official application form. (Deadline June 30)
(Deadline June 15.)
- IOWA GOLF ASSOCIATION CHARLIE BURKART SCHOLARSHIP-- This $1,500 per year (four years) scholarship is open to any graduating senior whose parent(s) are members of a club/course employing a PGA member or registered apprentice of the Iowa Section or the state of Iowa. Winners are selected on the basis of their interest and activity in golf and the potential for future contributions to the game, their academic ability and financial need. Applications are available online at www.iowapga.com. Winners are selected based on their interest and activity in golf, the potential for future contributions to the game, leadership skills/community involvement, and then on their academic/professional ability and financial need. (Deadline: Must be received before June 16) Estimated deadline.
- ZIP Recruiter $3000 Scholarship -- See flyer attached below and their website for details. Award is based on the most creative 500-800 word essay answering specific questions on the flyer or website. Deadline for Winter/Spring term is June 30.
- RECOVERY VILLAGE HEALTH CARE SCHOLARSHIP -- This $1,000 scholarship will be given to a student pursuing a health-related degree program, including but not limited to counseling, social work, emergency medicine, pre-med, nursing, or psychology (focus on addiction recovery or substance abuse). Applicants must submit an essay no more than 500 words describing why they are passionate about health care, with a focus on substance abuse and mental health. Essays can draw from personal or professional experience. For more information, visit their website. Deadline: June 30
- DIAGNOSIS DELAYED SCHOLARSHIP -- is open to all students pursuing a medical or legal degree. Students must be enrolled in a program at the date of application. It is a $500 scholarship. There is no minimum GPA. Visit this website and sign up for a Peterson's account for more information and application form.(Deadline August 1)